Due to the nature of perforated self-adhesive films, over time, dirt can accumulate in the holes. This can block and spoil the see-through vision effect.
It is important to note that we do not recommend cleaning Contra Vision® perforated window films within 24 hours after application. To keep your Contra Vision perforated window film clean and looking its best, follow this cleaning method:
- Mix a solution of mild soap, Johnsons Baby Shampoo for example, and enough water to produce plenty of suds.
- Use a lint-free cloth to apply the solution sparingly and try not to saturate the holes with water to avoid leaving behind residue.
- Gently wipe away any dirt and grease.
- If you encounter stubborn areas of dirt, use a soft bristled brush and more solution to gently dislodge the dirt.
- If you are happy that the dirt in the perforations has softened, you can wash off the suds with plenty of water and the soft bristled brush again. Rinse completely.
- Allow film to air dry.
- Power washing equipment for use on perforated window film is not recommended and can damage the overlaminate and the perforated window film.
- Cleaning incorrectly could cause the applied material to fail prematurely.