1. Not recommended for use on glass with coatings such as anti-reflective, self-cleaning and scratch resistance, which could affect the adhesion of the material and may be damaged during removal.
2. Do not apply to fresh paint, polycarbonate, rubber, certain PVCs and plastic moldings such as mullions. Please test prior to final application if in doubt.
3. Clear Perforated Window Films are not generally suitable for use on tinted glass or eglass. Please refer to the printing instructions.
4. Some countries, states or local authorities have laws or regulations requiring minimum light transmission that may limit or preclude the use of this product on vehicle windows. The user is responsible for determining and complying with all applicable standards.
5. Take care to ensure that the glass and the perforated window film is above the minimum application temperature.
6. Typical applications of Contra Vision® Perforated Window Films do not require laminating. Consider using Contra Vision optically clear overlaminate CL50CY in situations where through-vision is essential when raining or where damage to the applied graphic might otherwise result.
7. Please allow sufficient time for printed Contra Vision to ‘outgas’ before application and/or overlaminating. Please refer to ink manufacturer’s instructions for recommended timescales.
8. Use a cold laminator to apply overlaminate film with proper tension control to prevent stretching, wrinkles and tunneling. After applying the laminating film, let the graphic sit for at least 12 hours before application to the glass to allow the laminating film’s adhesive to bond adequately to the perforated vinyl.
9. Surfaces to which the material will be applied must be thoroughly cleaned from dust, grease or any contamination that could affect the adhesion of the material, using a solution if necessary. Avoid using soaps that contain waxes, oils and lotions, particularly at the edges and corners.
10. Many branded dilute-with-water windshield washer concentrates and ready-made windshield washer solutions contain silicone-based chemicals that are designed to prevent road debris sticking to vehicles’ glass. They also promote the beading of rain so that it blows off windshields and doesn’t smear when the wipers are used. This chemical additive builds into a bonded layer on anything it touches, including painted surfaces, and will prevent applied self-adhesive materials from fully adhering. The layer is invisible, may be difficult to detect, and must be removed before graphics are applied.
11. All perforated window films require a dry application method. DO NOT WET APPLY.
12. When applying the graphics, avoid touching the adhesive, especially at the edges and corners and cut the graphics back from the edge of the window by 1-3mm to ensure reliable edge adhesion.
13. If multiple panels are designed to meet side by side, the graphics need to be applied with a butt join and should NOT be overlapped. Our Performance range is recommended for multiple panel applications.
14. The graphic should not be washed within 24 hours of application to allow the adhesive to reach a sufficient strength.