Digital Projection Mapping
Digital projection mapping is a technology which can turn often irregularly shaped objects, into a display surface for video projection. Whole buildings appear animated and when combined with audio content the experience is highly engaging. Large buildings are increasingly made of glass which can be converted into one-way vision projection screen using Contra Vision® window films.
Create a “pop-up” digital superscreen on any building or glass surface using Contra Vision window films. Seen as the new promotional must-have for brands and events worldwide, it combines scale, location and moving images to create maximum impact. Use on its own or as a backdrop to a larger event, our perforated material provides the perfect canvas to enable stunning effects in unusual locations.
- Harness innovative locations without paying for media space.
- A powerful way to grab attention at night time and can also work during the day.
- Content is easy to change without replacing materials and therefore less waste.
- Options for internal or external projection
- Both the view out and the transmission of daylight through the building are protected
- The combination of our quality adhesive and thicker face-film makes installation and clean removal easier to achieve
Most building wrap projects involve working with a specialist projection mapping company. Please contact us for help in creating your project.
Create Your Own Window Projection Screen
Moving and changing images are much more engaging and effective than static print. Digital projections are a powerful way to grab attention at night time and also works during the day. Small and medium sized installations are easy to install by non-professionals using readily available items! You need to consider four key elements:
- Projection Screen. The principle property of the screen is its level of light reflectivity to display a bright and crisp image. White films give best brightness. Grey films less bright but give greater contrast and depth with blacks closer to their intended color. Choose a translucent film for rear projection: the projected image can be seen from both sides. Contra Vision Perforated Window Films can be used but we also offer a dot or line matrix projection film – contact us.
- Digital Projector. A light source to project a digital image using a lens system. An output of 1500-4000 lumens is sufficient for small to medium installations. A short, or ultra-short throw projector is essential and should typically be located lower than, and at the required distance from the display surface they are intended to fill. Projectors can be configured with inverted display which means that they can be located above the display surface, for example suspended from ceiling space.
- Ambient Light. Need to minimize ambient light on the screen: the quality of the image diminishes if the light projection has to compete with high levels of ambient light.
- Media/video content and files. Anything from Powerpoint to more sophisticated production software can be used to create a slideshow or video content.